GAMS Software Developer and Support Engineer
GAMS is one of the leading tool providers for the optimization industry, with offices in the US and Germany. With customers in more than 120 countries, GAMS is used by multinational companies, universities, research institutions and governments in many different areas, including the energy and chemical industries, economic modelling, agricultural planning, and manufacturing.
Our mission is to provide both commercial and academic users from all application areas and from around the world with the best possible tool for their optimization purposes and to increase the productivity of a scarce resource: the modeler.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We develop and support a wide variety of software, including the core modeling system, links to many different solvers, utilities for data exchange, for report generation, and other tasks, and a growing set of APIs for linking with languages like Python, Java, C#, and C++. We are also known for providing personalized and expert support to our user community. We are looking for somebody to fill a dual role: to work with the team developing, documenting, and maintaining our software and to join the team directly supporting our users via email, phone, etc. This will include:
- Helping customers with modeling, solver, data, or other issues
- Representing GAMS at conferences: giving technical talks, tutorials, and demonstrations and networking with potential or existing users
- Supporting the sales team with technical expertise
- Working with a small team, in a collegial atmosphere fostering new ideas and creativity
- Close contact with an international network of clients and industrial/academic partners
- Competitive salary with ample paid vacation and holidays
- Full medical insurance
- A 401(k) retirement savings program with a generous company match
Requirements for Consideration:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Solid knowledge of GAMS and optimization theory and practice
- Programming language fluency (e.g. MATLAB, R, Python, C++, .NET …)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and roles
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org