GAMS Technical Sales Engineer
GAMS is one of the leading tool providers for the optimization industry. With offices in the US (Fairfax, VA) and Europe (Cologne area and Braunschweig) and customers in more than 120 countries, GAMS is used by multinational companies, universities, research institutions and governments in many different areas, including energy and chemical industries, economic modelling, agricultural planning, and manufacturing.
Our mission is to provide our users from all application areas and from around the world with the best possible tool for their optimization purposes and to increase the productivity of a scarce resource: the modeler.
We look forward to growing together! Our company is built on the strengths of its people, and we want to be the best place for you to achieve and grow.
After receiving an intensive training you will work alongside our Sales team and maintain a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction to achieve commercial goals. You will work both remotely and on-site with customers, will evaluate the commercial and technical requirements of new sales opportunities, and develop solutions to meet the needs of prospects and clients.
- Present GAMS to prospects, customers, and partners
- Respond to commercial requests via email and phone
- Be the commercial and technical point of contact for prospects and customers, throughout the sales process
- Act as a liaison between the Sales, Support and Development teams
- Attend and present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with prospects and customers at such events
- Provide training on the usage of GAMS
- Develop and maintain domain-specific networks
- Additional projects as assigned
- State-of-the-art training and technology
- Working with a small team, in a collegial atmosphere fostering new ideas and creativity
- Close contact with an international network of clients and industrial/academic partners
- Competitive salary with ample paid vacation and holidays
- Full medical insurance
- A 401(k) retirement savings program with a generous company match
Requirements for Consideration:
- Bachelors or Masters in Economics, Agriculture, Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Solid knowledge of GAMS and optimization practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and roles
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org