GAMS Sales Professional (Inside Sales)
GAMS Development Corp. is an international software company with offices in the US and Germany. We develop and sell the General Algebraic Modeling System, one of the leading systems for building mathematical optimization models. GAMS is used worldwide in industry and commerce, at universities, and in governmental and research institutions. The office in Fairfax, VA takes care of our customers worldwide, with a focus on the North and South American market.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
As part of our international sales team and in close cooperation with our technical staff, you will be involved in all aspects of our sales process. This includes pre- and post-sales activities like
● answering sales-related questions
● identifying customer requirements and preparing quotes
● processing of orders to assure proper service to our customers
● following up on prospects and staying in contact with customers
● organizing GAMS presence and activity at conferences or trade fairs
This position requires that you work to understand the customer's needs and priorities as well as the GAMS software portfolio and the GAMS mentality.
- Present GAMS to prospects, customers, and partners
- Respond to commercial requests via email and phone
- Be the commercial and technical point of contact for prospects and customers, throughout the sales process
- Act as a liaison between the Sales, Support and Development teams
- Attend and present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with prospects and customers at such events
- Provide training on the usage of GAMS
- Develop and maintain domain-specific networks
- Additional projects as assigned
- Working as part of a small international team reaching an international clientele
- A relaxed and open corporate culture empowering growth and decision-making
- Fully covered medical insurance that can be tailored to your specific needs
- An exceptionally generous 401(k) retirement savings program and company match
- Ample paid vacation and holidays
Requirements for Consideration:
- BS/BA degree is highly desirable; a mathematical background is not required.
- Several years of sales experience
- Service orientation and customer focus.
- Action oriented; drive for results; must be hands-on with solid attention to detail.
- Team player with strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must acquire a good knowledge of our commercial processes.
- Computer literate; learn and utilize various software packages.
- Knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese is a plus.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA.
To apply please submit your resume along with relevant credentials to email@example.com