Major releases contain substantial changes to the GAMS system. The License Check date is set to the release date of the major release.
Minor releases are mainly issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. Additionally, they can provide a few new features that do not change existing behavior. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this minor release.
Maintenance releases do not provide any new features. They are issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this maintenance release.
GAMS Distribution 21.7 - April 01, 2005
This is a Major release.
AcknowledgementsWe would like to thank all of the users who have reported bugs or made suggestions in improving this release.
New platforms supported
- 64 bit x86_64 (Linux) version introduced. Linux licensing
includes both 32 and 64 bit at a single platform cost. Some solvers
exist only in 32 bit mode and are included as 32 bit on the 64 bit
version. See the solver platform matrix
- Macintosh PowerPC (Darwin) version introduced.
- MODEL LIBRARY:
- Several new models have been added. See the GAMS Model Library for details.
- NEW WORKFILE FORMAT:
- now a single file (G00 file extension). Files can be read that were created on different platforms. File is packed and only approx 50% of previous file size. Read and write is also substantially quicker.
- TESTLIB LIBRARY:
- Updates to quality model
- take advantage of solver updates & fixes
- added --QUICK=1 option to skip slow tests
- test all solvers, using system.solverNames and filter list
- allow skips of models in solver-specific test suites
- New models
- convert solver test suite
- new cmex & MIP tests, test new workfile format save/restart
- Updates to quality model
- BARON: New libraries (version 7.2.5) which address minor
bug fixes and enhancements.
- BENCH: promoted from beta solver.
- GAMS/AMPL Link: a GAMS/AMPL link has been introduced.
- GAMS/LINGO Link: a GAMS/LINGO link has been introduced.
- MOSEK: New libraries (version 3.2) which address minor bug
fixes and enhancements.
- Relaxed the test for complementarity of the solution proposed by the reformulated model to work better for poorly-scaled models
- update to documentation (nodelimit, log output)
- numerous library updates to fix outstanding issues
- improved handling of solver status 4=TERMINATED BY SOLVER
- deal with "recoverable errors" on return from barrier method
- minor improvements and workarounds for library quirks in link
|Solver/Platform availability - 21.7|
Digital Unix 4.0