Major releases contain substantial changes to the GAMS system. The License Check date is set to the release date of the major release.
Minor releases are mainly issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. Additionally, they can provide a few new features that do not change existing behavior. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this minor release.
Maintenance releases do not provide any new features. They are issued to provide bug fixes, performance improvements, and maintenance releases of solver libraries. The License Check Date remains the same as for the prior major release. This means that any license file that worked with the prior major release will also work with this maintenance release.
GAMS Distribution 22.5 - June 01, 2007
This is a Major release.
AcknowledgementsWe would like to thank all of our users who have reported problems and made suggestions for improving this release. In particular, we thank Christian Gilow and Josef Kallrath.
- New functions and features
- Added functions system.gamsrelease and gamsrelease
- Added function poly(x,a0,a1,a2,a3..) = sum(i=0 to n, ai*x^i)
- Appendout (ao)=2 will redirect the listing file to stdout. This feature is not available when running under the IDE.
- GAMS IDE:
- Open in new window creates now a single new window when multiple files have been selected
- Spelling menu entry added to Edit menu
- Gdxviewer can write a single symbol and all symbols to an Excel file
- GAMS Model library: New models
- AlphaECP: A new solver called
GAMS/AlphaECP for mixed integer non-linear problems has been added to
the GAMS solver portfolio. AlphaECP is an implementation of the
Extended Cutting Plane method by Tapio Westerlund and Toni Lastusilta
from Abo Akademi University, Finland. The GAMS/AlphaECP solver requires
the presence of a licensed MIP solver only.
- BARON: New libraries (version 7.8) with
improved local search routines.
- COIN-OR Solvers: New libraries for
CoinCbc, CoinGlpk, and CoinIpOpt. The experimental MINLP solver
CoinBonmin has been introduced for the GAMS Windows and Linux systems.
Bonmin (Basic Open-source Nonlinear Mixed INteger programming) provides
an implementation of an NLP-based branch-and-bound algorithm, an
outer-approximation decomposition algorithm, an implementation of
Quesada and Grossmann's branch-and-cut algorithm, and a hybrid
outer-approximation based branch-and-cut algorithm.
- CONOPT: New libraries (version 3.14r).
- Added option 'NLP2MCP' that reformulates a non-integer program as a mixed complementarity problem (MCP)
- Added option 'AmplNLC' that converts a model into C code for evaluating objectives, constraints, and their derivatives.
- Added option 'Jacobian' that creates a GDX file containing the basic model data (matrix, initial point, evaluation of constraints at initial point and bounds)
- Added option 'LindoMPI' that creates an MPI file which is readable by Lindo.
- CPLEX: New libraries (version 10.20).
- LINDOGLOBAL: The Global Optimization
Solver (GAMS solver name is LINDOGLOBAL) from Lindo Systems, Inc. has
been added to the GAMS solver portfolio. LINDOGLOBAL finds proven
optimal solutions to non-convex mixed integer non-linear problems. The
LINDOGLOBAL solver requires a license for GAMS/CONOPT. The size of a
model solved by LINDOGLOBAL is limited to 2,000 equations and 3,000
- MOSEK: New libraries (version 188.8.131.52)
- XPRESS: New libraries (version 17.10.12)
|Solver/Platform availability - 22.5 June 1, 2007|
Digital Unix 4.0
|1)GAMS distribution for HP 9000/HP-UX is 22.1.|
|2)GAMS distribution for SGI IRIX is 22.3.|