Download GAMS Distribution 24.4.2
Please consult the release notes before downloading a system. Here are the installation notes for Windows, Mac, and UNIX. The GAMS distribution includes the GAMS Manuals in electronic form. The current version of the manuals are also available online and hard copies of the GAMS User's Guide and the Solver Manuals can be ordered through Amazon.
|MS Windows 32 bit
||Windows XP or newer on AMD- or Intel-based (x86_32) architectures. (zip'ed installersee 2))
|MS Windows 64 bit
||Windows XP 64 or newer on AMD- or Intel-based (x64_64) architectures. (zip'ed installersee 2))
|Linux 64 bit
||AMD- or Intel-based 64-bit (x64_64) Linux systems with glibc 2.4 or higher.
|Mac OS X
||Intel-based 64-bit (x64_64) Macintosh system. Built on OS X 10.7 (Lion). Please note that this is a OS X Terminal application and must be installed and executed using the command line interface.
||AMD- or Intel-based 64-bit (x64_64) Solaris system. Built on Solaris 11.0.
|Solaris SPARC 64bit
||Sparc-based 64-bit (sparc_64) Solaris system. Built on Solaris 10.
||PowerPC based 64-bit (ppc_64) AIX system. Built on AIX 6.1.
||AMD- or Intel-based Linux systems. The software uses the Windows 32bit GAMS build and Wine. No separate Wine installation is required. For more information please visit this page.
|| For more information please visit this page.
- For older distributions please follow this link. There are some mailing lists, which will inform you about forthcoming releases, provide additional information, and are useful for questions about GAMS and modeling issues.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users who have enabled SmartScreen Filter may get several warnings during the download of a GAMS system. If you do not want to ignore these messages, please download the "zip'ed installer" from the list above and unzip this file before running the setup program.
- MD5-Hash values (use a program like md5sum to verify):
- Without a valid GAMS license the system will operate as a free demo system:
- Model limits:
- Number of constraints and variables: 300
- Number of nonzero elements: 2000 (of which 1000 nonlinear)
- Number of discrete variables: 50 (including semi continuous, semi integer and member of SOS-Sets)
- Additional Global solver limits: Number of constraints and variables: 10
- The GAMS log will indicate that your system runs in demo mode:
GAMS 24.3.3 Copyright (C) 1987-2014 GAMS Development. All rights reserved
Licensee: GAMS Development Corporation, Washington, DC G871201/0000CA-ANY
Free Demo, 202-342-0180, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gams.com DC0000
- GAMS will terminate with a licensing error if you hit one of the limits above:
*** Status: Terminated due to a licensing error
*** Inspect listing file for more information
- To deliver GAMS with the best performance we are using the Amazon CloudFront web service, a global network of edge locations for content delivery.